The Institute is housed in a stately building in the 1919 neo-Georgian/neo-Federal style, the work of architects Delano & Aldrich. The five-floor building with a terrace and an interior garden is a New York city landmark along with the other stately structures that face onto the same stretch of Park Avenue between 68thand 69th Streets. Besides the Italian Consulate at 690 Park Avenue (built in 1917 by architects Walker & Gillette), the Spanish Institute at no. 684 and the Americas Society at no. 680 make up this group.